You can help fund Open Charge Map using our Open Collective page https://opencollective.com/openchargemap. Funding allows us to continue operating our project and to further our projects goals.
Individuals, Organisations, Governments and Corporations who are interested in contributing to overall funding or sponsorship of specific project goals are very welcome and we would invite you to join our Open Collective or Contact Us to discuss details of the funding you'd like to offer.
Our primary objective is to provide and maintain a quality Open Data set detailing the non-residential charging station infrastructure available to electric vehicle drivers globally.
To achieve this goal we provide:
- Access to an Open Data set of Charging Locations, Equipment details and user contributed supporting information. Note that the data licensing is mixed and specific to each applicable Data Provider.
- Tools and techniques (Web, Apps etc.) for accepting and managing data contributions and information maintenance.
- Web/API services to publish the data to all interested parties.
- Community support and discussions
Currently, our main project cost is server hosting and related services ( APIs, Storage etc). Webprofusion Pty Ltd sponsor some of our server hosting and provide geo-redundant cloud hosting for image uploads etc.
Our service level can be improved if we have funding for improved hosting/cloud services.
In addition to server hosting the following roles are performed by volunteers on a casual basis:
- Software Development (Web Site, Apps, Tools, API, Database, Server/System Administration, UI Translation).
- High-level Adminstration (Managing Editors, Network Operators etc).
- Marketing and Promotion (the quality of our data is directly dependant on user contributed edits and supporting information, requiring an active user base with comprehensive geographic coverage).
- Community Support and Discussion (Contact Us, Google+, Twitter, Facebook).
- Country Editors (with approval rights per country, editing and approving submissions).
- Community Contributors (end-users contributing and editing information).
Funding or sponsorship allows our project to allocate specific funding to accelerate or enable work in the many of above areas and other project aspects.